Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an x-ray examination that is used to evaluate the uterine cavity and to check for patency of the fallopian tubes (whether the tubes are blocked).
INDICATIONS (REASONS FOR PROCEDURE)
- Infertility (difficulty in conceiving).
- Confirm tubal and uterine abnormalities.
- Recurrent miscarriages.
- Follow-up to some surgical procedures.
CONTRA-INDICATIONS TO THE PROCEDURE
- Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- Recent curettage or active genital tract infection.
Read moreHysterosalpingogram (HSG)